Even though it’s still January, I can’t help but start to get excited for spring. Winters in Portland don’t get particularly cold, but they can be a bit grey and dreary, so I am keeping a hawk’s eye out for any signs of budding life on our naked plum tree in our backyard. I know I still have months to go, but this photo I took at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx while Joe and I were living in NYC keeps my spirits high. I can’t help but smile and let out a barely audible yay! whenever I look at it.
On the topic of Yay!, here are some things I have enjoyed on the interwebs the past couple of weeks, so I thought I would pass them along. Enjoy!
- The joys of Downton Abbey are new to me, but after a few days of nonstop Netflix streaming I am all caught up, and eager for more! While I wait for the next episode this weekend (“What’s a weekend?”), this brilliant article will have to tide me over.
- As much as I love kitchen design, I am also quite taken by dining rooms. They are easy to change up, and as creepy Sandra Lee would say, you gotta love a table scape (and cocktail time.)
- Speaking of cocktail time, the next time citruses (citrii?) take over my kitchen, I will have to be sure to try this recipe.
- Living in the French countryside? Yes, Please!
- Are these weird? Am I weird for wanting EVERY SINGLE ONE?
- Off topic, but Joe and I have been thinking about adopting a dog…Skeeter, perhaps? Such a toothy grin!
Also, I have extended my line on my Etsy shop from just napkins and dish towels to pillow covers as well. I hope you like them!
Happy (not quite yet or even close) Spring!
xo, Holly (The Apiarist)